Footprint Check In

Calculating your carbon footprint

 #wwusustainability

It's the fifth week of spring quarter and I'm halfway through Marketing and Sustainability! This means that it's time to check back in with the sustainability goals that I made for myself at the beginning of the quarter. 

My first goal was to cut down on the amount of wasteful traveling I was doing. I said that I would carpool up to the mountain with someone instead of driving my own vehicle every weekend. The season is now over but I did do good job of never being in the car alone on my way up. I either rode with someone or gave someone else a ride all but one of the days I went up after making the original footprint post. I also said that I wouldn't drive to school anymore and would try to take the bus. I also kept up with this goal but it's probably because I don't have a parking pass and had been paying by the day to park on campus. So n0w, I take the bus or get rides from people every day.

My second goal was to get even stricter with the amount of meat I was eating. I did accomplish this and haven't had much meat at all since making the goal. I also have been keeping up with my goal to not cook meat for my roommate or boyfriend when I make dinners. They haven't seemed to mind at all because I make plenty of good vegetarian stuff, so I'm happy that that goal has been easy to keep.

The third goal I had was to try to thrift more/shop less. Mostly to commit to not buying items just be cause they're cheap and available. I haven't bought any new clothing since making this commitment so this one is also going well.

Clear Showerhead XL - Clear Shower XL Showerhead

I know that I can do more to reduce my footprint so I am also making a goal to reduce my time in the shower from about 15 minutes to under 10 minutes. I have long, thick hair and it usually takes me a long time to wash and condition that but I also realized that I'm not being super efficient in there. I think that I take my time and don't think about how many gallons of water are being used while I stand in the hot water not wanting to get out. 

So far, my spring quarter sustainability goals have been going well and I'm proud that I have take the initiative to keep up with them. However, there is always more to be done and I plan to get even stricter with the goals I already had and to adopt the new one that I have made. 

Comments

Popular Posts